Do not wait until an accident to learn and act!
- Oct. 1-Oct. 3. Altyngul Zinetullina attended the 2019 European Process Safety and Big Data Conference in Frankfurt and presented her work on "Quantitative resilience assessment of process systems using Functional Resonance Analysis Method and dynamic Bayesian network approaches".
Sept. 27-Sept 30 Dr. Ming Yang, Altyngul Zinetullina, and Rustam Abubakirov visited China University of Petroleum to discuss research collaboration.
- August 8-10 Almat Kabyl won the travel fund and presented his paper titled "risk-based management of produced water in oil and operatoins"
- July 2019 Congratulations to Altyngul Zinetullina, Almat Kabyl, Rustam Abubakirov! Each student has won a research funding (FRIP program supported by YRA) of around kzt 800,000 to perform his/her proposed research on a process safety-related topics.
- June 2019 Congratulations to Dr. Ming Yang, whose paper was recognized as a top 20 most read paper in AIChE's Journal of Process Safety Progress.
- May 09. 2019 Mr. Makhambet Sarbayev has published a journal paper (JCR Q2) as first author: Sarbayev, M., Yang, M.*, Wang, H.Q. (2019). Risk assessment of process systems by mapping fault tree into aritificial neural network. Journal of Loss Prevention in the Process Industries, 60, 203-212.
- April. 4. 2019. Dr. Ming Yang has presented a conceptual model of data-drven condition monitoring based asset integrity management for underground coal mines at Session 1 Innovative technoligies in mining of 10 Year Anniversary of the National Center for Integrated Processing of Mineral Resources of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- April 10. 2019 Two SREG students won the paper contest in Astana Munay Fest 2019.
- Jan. 20 2019 Mr. Makhambet Sarbayev has sucessfully defended his Mastter thesis on "Application of Artificial Neural Network in Process Safety Assessment".
Take Another Step in Your Journey
The SREG is a professional group first established in the School of Engineering and Digital Sciences at Nazarbayev University that promotes the research of safety and risk engineering in multidisciplinary areas including oil and gas operations, marine transportation, construction, security and etc. The group currently has 15 members, expanding and welcoming new members who are interested in any topic related to safety and risk engineering.